Bold color juxtapositions of organic shapes provide alternately microscopic and enlarged views of the collaged originals that mimic the ebb and flow of the tides; the vibrant organic shapes of my former barrier island home.
The original collages are reminiscent of the beautiful garden, cared for over four generations in a magical landscape where land, sea, and sky converged.
SURF: A View From After was a series of 56 small (4″ x 6″ ) works (archival pigment on paper) was shown at DCAC throughout the summer of 2022.
SURF: A View From After: The Installation. was installed at The Arts Club of Washington from February 3-25, 2023.
Scan the QR code to listen to the wonderful poetry written by Doritt Carroll inspired by the 11 images that are contained in my handmade book.
NOTES about the SURF series:
- Each image in its size, point of view, and color is produced twice at the most.
- Most are produced only once.
- All images are made with the highest quality archival materials.
- They are printed on museum quality etching paper; 100% cotton rag content.
- Commissions of other sizes, colors and points of view are available.
- SURF images can be adapted to walls as murals and to fabric for you to turn into your own creations.
Original art not in a private collection is for sale. Other sizes, colors and points of view are available.
Many images can be produced as wall murals.
Contact: email@example.com for details.